• 10 mm diameter x 7.5 mm height
• 7.5 MHz Piezo ceramic sensor with connector
• Reusable when a weak adhesive is used
• Can be removed from head of the bolt with use of shear force
• Includes built-in ultrasonic cable connector
• Dynamic reading of tension while bolt is tightening
• Static reading of tension after bolt is tightened
• No reattachment error (a common problem with traditional magnetic ultrasonic sensors)
• Supplied in packages of 20
UTensor I binds to the head of a bolt using a cyanoacrylate adhesive. A cable is then attached to the plastic connector on one end and the MC900 ultrasonic measuring unit on the other end. After testing, UTensor I can be easily removed by applying shear force at the base of the sensor.
For more permanent and high temperature applications a strain gage epoxy (MBond 610 from Vishay) can be used.
The UTensor I is supplied in packages of 20.